Friday, May 10, 2013

The End of Junior Year


Here it is.

The end of junior year.

Summer is just around the corner.

You would think that means it’s time to relax, but my summers are busier than the school year. Sure, I don’t have to worry about due dates and homework. Overall it may be less stressful. I’m doing fun things instead of boring school, but there’s still so much going on and it’s hard to plan it all out!

I have journalism camp for a week, then church camp the following week. I’m hopefully going to Colorado to look at colleges and have a little fun, then traveling to Oklahoma to visit my family and possibly get a Mustang. I think I’m going on a trip with my boyfriend’s family sometime. That’s already at least four weeks gone out of the summer.

My cousin from Mississippi might also come for a week, or I may go visit her-but that one is less solid than the others because she’s getting ready for college and whatever else.

Between all these trips and camps I’m going to try to find time to hang out with friends… and my boyfriend who will be leaving for college in a mere 3ish months. That’s terrifying. And even THAT time is extremely limited because he’s going to be working 6 days a week. That’s even more terrifying.

And with all of this, I think I am somehow expected to get a job. HA. No one is going to hire someone who can work literally like 2 weeks out of the whole summer. I’m not going to waste the tiny bit of free time I have WORKING. I’m already stressed out enough about this crazy summer!

During that tiny bit of free time I want to have bonfires on our new land, and go mudding and camping and swim in the creek at night. Wow I just sound like a redneck don’t I? Oh well. It’s true. I also want to go to Adventureland and maybe Chicago for a weekend. I want to take art classes somewhere and do lots of photography stuff. I plan to try to get really skinny this summer (which probably will be pushed down to the bottom of my priority list.) I was going to go to Farrell’s or some gym.. I guess I could just save some time each day by not eating! Just kidding. I love food that’s like my MAIN priority. Ha. I’m going to have to start working on scholarships and figuring out what I want to do with my life. I have to/would like to go to about 20 grad parties, 8 of which are on the same day. They’re all important people to me… I can’t leave one out! There’s so many things to do and such little time.

MAKE IT STOP. How do people do this? I don’t understand how some people can be involved in sports and clubs and choir AND have to do all this! Perhaps their summer is not filled to the brim like mine. Because this just seems ridiculous.

I’m going to be so white this summer because I’m never going to have a second to just lay outside in the pool and tan.

I would love for this summer to go by slowly, but I know it won’t. It never does. I’m saying goodbye to junior year, soon I’ll be saying goodbye to summer and all the things I hoped to achieve in it. 

1 comment: