Saturday, September 8, 2012

Capturing a Moment

If there is one thing I do too much of it's taking pictures. 

I have 2,913 pictures on my phone that I haven't even had a year. I've filled up an 16gb memory card in a day. I've gone through about 4 digital cameras since I got my first one. I'm obsessed.


There's so much diversity with photography. There are so many different types of cameras, or even just settings on a standard digital camera. There's so many different poses you can have someone do. There's an infinite amount of things you can take pictures of and ways you can do it.




My favorite things to take pictures of are people and the sunrise or cool looking clouds. With people, I like taking unexpected pictures because it captures real emotion and action, unlike a posed picture which is usually just fake smiling or whatever the photographer wants them to convey. I like taking pictures of the sunrise because it's just beautiful and not many people see it because they don't wake up right as it's peaking through the clouds. I've gone out to Palo Lake when the sun rises a few times and took pictures. It reflects off the water and is just outstanding. 



Photography is all about capturing what someone may not have noticed or may not remember later; capturing the moment with all of it's finest details. It preserves things that may not be there later and retains the emotion felt when that photo was taken.
Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter.  ~Ansel Adams 
 It's simpler than writing about it and trying to capture every detail than words, and more complex as well, because a picture may not come right out and say the message it sends like writing sometimes does. 


I recently took my boyfriend's senior pictures and it was one of the best photography experiences I've ever had. I hadn't really done portrait type-photography before so I played around with the elements of it. I tried different settings and poses, we went to about 7 different places, maybe more, and had many changes of outfits. He got tired and bored but was still a good model and got some great pictures out of it. I've gotten many compliments on them and I'm really proud of my work. I spent hours editing them on Photoshop, trying different color settings and such. 













When I was little I had a Bugs Bunny camera that made tiny little pictures that came out automatically. I used it all the time and even made myself a photo album from them. I like going back to old pictures to remember things from when I was little like that. Now I always have a camera with me, whether it's my digital one for when I go somewhere with friends, the big SLR for yearbook, or just my phone, because you never know what you may see that you'll want to remember with a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment