Sunday, March 31, 2013

Write

I love to write.

Lately, I have no idea what to write about.


Whenever I blog I feel like it must be about something important. I don't like just writing pointless filler blogs to get to my 3 blog or 1200 word minimum. The word count isn't hard for me because I usually write one super long blog about something I feel strongly about that reaches 1200 words alone. The problem is thinking of shorter topics for my other two. I don't want to waste a topic that I could write 2000 words on and go way over the word count, I'd rather save it for my long post the next week. 


I've loved to write since I was little. I would always be writing short stories or little songs just for fun. I was so creative and imaginative. I had the widest vocabulary of anyone close to my age. I read thesauruses for fun. I knew more about grammar than most adults. Now we don't learn about that. I'm losing my abilities. High school has trained the creativity right out of me. Now we write about real things, not made up and imaginary things. It's harder to use imagery in non-fiction writing. I was always so good at that. It sucks that my talents are being wasted. Now I am told to write critically, don't add fluff, don't over-exaggerate.


But I liked that. 


I loved letting my imagination run wild and make up crazy fictional stories. I'd write about things I wanted to happen or things I dreamed about. I hate being a teenager. I used to read and spend time before bed making up stories in my mind. Now I read Twitter and newsy stuff online. Boring. I just want to be creative like I used to. I want to describe the scenery of a made up place and create some perfectly silly made up character. 


I wish there was an AP-Creative Writing class. Not everyone grows up to be journalists or adult authors. There has to be some children's authors. That's what I used to always want to be. That's what I was good at writing. I'm afraid that now that I'm not practicing my creative writing skills, they are disappearing. 


Thanks high-school, for taking my imagination away.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment