Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ombre

I recently ombred my hair.
Well, it was already because it was lighter on the bottom from past colorings and it gets super light in the summer. So I'm obvs just a hipster because I had it before it was a trend. 

If you don't know, Ombre hair (or ombre anything) is darker at the top and gradually lightens, being nearly white (or blonde) at the end. This is a trend taking over, and it can look beautiful, if done correctly.

It's really not ombre when those people who have dark brown or black hair dye the ends blonde. It's not gradual like ombre is supposed to be. It looks kinda weird too. Especially people with black hair who do it, because the "blonde" tends to be more orange.

The way I did mine was originally with hydrogren peroxide. That part was accidental but it's a good way to do it and make it gradual. You can get it in a spray bottle and spray it more lightly closer to the top of where the ombre begins, then more thouroughly near the bottom so it's completely wet at the tip. I think it works better to do it in sections so it's more even.

If you have darker hair, it really doesn't get as light as it needs to at the bottom. I bleached my tips. It completely killed my ends, but I'm cutting it soon anyway. I even used hair bleach that came in a Splat package, but for some reason it made my hair feel unhealthy. You can probably just use a better brand or blonde hair dye. Mine looks good, it just feels unhealthy and made it really thin at the bottom.
This looks simlar to my ombre. Dark at the top, gradual to blonde.



Two-tone ombre, dark brown to lighter brown
BAD ombre! Not gradual, and it's that ugly orange color.

BAD ombre. It just looks like her roots need re-dyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment