Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Colorado lover. Skiing hater.

I am going to live in Colorado one day.

I hate to ski.

Apparently, this is a problem.

Colorado is renound as the best place to ski in America. It of course, has mountains and hills and snow. I love mountains and hills, but I hate snow.

I always get just a tad bit scared when I go skiing. Okay, more than a tad. I start screaming the second both feet are on the skis. However, once I go down the bunny slope a few dozen times, I make my way to the beginner slope. That's about as far as it gets. I go down that a couple times, until I've almost ran over a small child or two, and then I quit. I mainly just hate the fact that there's no way to quickly stop except falling down. Annnnnd I don't like falling. So that's not great.
 
I like smaller, longer hills. And I heard they have more of those in Colorado. Short steep ones are just... horrifying.

Ski lifts scare me too. WHY IS THERE NOT A BAR ACROSS YOUR LAP. It would be so easy to fall out! And it feels like you're about to because your skis are weighing you down! It's so scary! I hope in Colorado they have a bar going across, because you go all the way up a mountain at the ski resorts there. If not, I'm definitely never skiing.

I really just don't like things that I'm not good at, especially things that I'm not good at that I have no interest in getting good at. Like math or sports or skiing.

I think it's fine and very possible to live in Colorado and only ski once or twice a year. I can ride horses and do whatever else I want there, away from the blizzardy mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment