Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Perfect Date

I would be so good at giving some girl the perfect date.

If only I were a dude.


Oh well, maybe my boyfriend will read this and get some ideas ;) I'm just going to write about things that can be done here in Iowa... this would be much more exciting in other areas. 


It would start out before the sun rises. We'd drive out by some lake or somewhere pretty in a pickup truck. He would have piled the bed of the truck with blankets and pillows and brought some breakfast to go. He wouldn't have even told me he was coming, just show up at my house with flowers and drag me outside and into his truck. He wouldn't even let me get out of my pajamas or put on makeup. We'd go drive up close to the lake or wherever and then he'd make me get out. I'd crawl up into the back and see the perfect cozy place to cuddle and eat breakfast and watch the sun rise. And we would do just that. Then we'd fall asleep for a little bit since it was so early.


After that we would come home and he would tell me to go get ready, like shower and all that. While I'm in the bathroom he would pick out the perfect outfit for our date and lay it all out on my bed so I know exactly what to put on. He'd tell me to get my swimsuit and some towels and put them in a bag, and maybe some extra clothes too. Next we'd just stroll through a park, maybe go in some little shops. We'd act silly and try on weird hats and glasses and things. We might even go to a museum or just somewhere we can walk around and look at things and people can look at us and how cute and awesome we are. We'd have lunch in a simple little place, maybe even take it to go for a picnic  We'd get dessert and share it and sit there for a little bit and just talk.


Then we would take a boat or canoe out into the lake or river and ride around for no reason. We'd reenact the scene from The Notebook just to be weird. And we'd drink sparkling grape juice in a wine glass packed in a picnic basket. In fact, maybe we'd have our lunch picnic on the boat. 


It would be during the summer when it's warm and nice. If there was a local fair or anything going on we'd go ride some rides for a bit. Definitely the Ferris Wheel. By then it'd be about time for dinner. He would have made reservations for some really nice place and surprised me. He would just have the whole day planned out. That's the most important thing. 


Next we'd drive out far away and lay in the bed of the truck and look at the stars some more. It'd be pretty late by then, and he'd drive us to a creek and we'd swim under the stars. It might be a little cold but it's still fun to swim in a creek. No one around, just the crickets chirping and the frogs croaking. 


Reluctantly, we'd head home. He would come and open the door of the truck and walk me to the door and kiss me goodnight. A great ending to an exciting day. *Sighh.....*

No comments:

Post a Comment